Monday night we went to the Rockies play-in game against the Padres for the Wild Card spot in the playoffs. I'm not usually a huge baseball fan, I just like to go to the ball park for the atmosphere and nice weather. Usually baseball crowds are pretty mellow. But Colorado sports fans LOVE their teams, and every seat was taken for this game! We had a great time, there's nothing like playoff buzz!

Riley and Steve cheer on the Rox!


Although the game started at 5:30, it went into extra innings, and by 10 p.m. we were at the bottom of the 11th and Riley was done. He tried as hard as he could to hang in there, but after the weekend we had, he just couldn't do it!

The Rockies finally put the game away in the 13th inning. The fans went absolutely nuts, it was amazing! There were fireworks, and the crowd stayed for a good 20 minutes celebrating. Riley didn't budge during the entire crazed explosion of sound. He didn't even flinch when the fireworks went off!

It was neat to be a part of Rockies history!
2 comments:
It's no book fair, but I guess it's cool....
Hooray for ROCKTOBER! The Kelly household is a happy one right now! If you'd have opened your windows last night, you'd have heard us screaming when "Yorvi" made a homer and landed us the win with 3 more runs for a 4-1 victory! Hooray!
P.S. I love the pics - can't believe how big Riley is!
Post a Comment