Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good Times, Good Times!

We opted not to go to the Springs this weekend, figuring it's smarter to be WITHIN 90 miles of my hospital at the point in time.  I was bummed because I was looking forward to getting out of town and hanging out with my folks; and it was forecast to be only 95 degrees in the Springs as opposed to 103 in Denver!  Woohoo!  But clearer heads prevailed!

So last night we drove the whole 4 minutes over to Brandon and Laura's house for Tapas and games!  Their friend, Betsy Kipperman (we always say first and last names with Betsy, it just flows so nicely!) is in town visiting from Annapolis, so they had a little shindig to introduce her to the gang.

Of course, wine was flowing, and I even had a glass of red wine that I quite enjoyed.  Here are some pics.  They're not the greatest quality, but what I get out of them is this: Good, good friends are such a blessing!  If I can't be with my blood family, I sure want to be with this adopted family!!

Here's Zach and Brandon!
Laura has this thing where she plays with people's hair.  It's niiiice...  Betsy was lovin' it!
Yes, I am actually wearing a shirt in the picture.  How embarrassing that it looks like I'm topless!  
I don't even want to know...  Brandon is always trying to get Steve to try out and at least appreciate wine.  Steve humors him from time to time.  I believe Brandon is checking out Steve's tummy to see how the latest tester is doing, but of course, Steve had to take it one step farther...

This is the electrocution game.    The object of the game is to hold onto a handle.  A light flashes and this ridiculous horror film music begins.  When the music stops and the light turns to green, you're supposed to press the button on your handle.  The last one to do so gets a shock.  Don't worry, the part Riley is holding was not activated, he just really likes being one of the guys!  Isn't that about the stupidest game you've ever heard?   Can you believe Brandon paid money for it!?
Betsy Kipperman likes to double-fist her wine!  At one point she had 3 different wines going that B insisted that she try!  BK is a wicked cool chick, she should totally move to Colorado, because she fits in like a glove!
I held the camera w-a-y out so my shirt was visible!  
At the risk of sounding all sentimental...again...thanks everyone for a great evening of delicious food, laughter and fun!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ahhh...so fun! I agree that when you can't be with your family you should be with great friends that are "2nd family." You're blog is so fun!
Linds

Charline said...

What was up with all of the slap fights? What a hoot!