Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cabin 2007

We had the best weekend ever, hanging out with the Lanes and the rest of our second family! No summer would be complete without a trip up to Brandon's stepdad's cabin. Keith and Holli took the Ri-man, and we headed out! It's just past Nederland, up a crazy bumpy road. There's a beautiful stream across the road where the boys like to fish, and it's basically just Colorado paradise. Especially when you're there with your best friends! We headed up Saturday afternoon and spent the day hiking around, playing games, and laughing until it was painful. What an amazing weekend!

Zach gets ready to fish, Bloody Mary in hand.

A toast before we go!

Steve had better luck fishing this time, here's his first brookie of the day.

Charline, our resident nature goddess was lovin' it!

Laura joined me on the log in the middle of the stream. The sound of the stream is so relaxing!

Intrepid fishermen!

Below is the nature photos portion of the blog. I can't stop taking pictures of all the beautiful wildflowers I see!
Charline would know what these are all called, but I don't! I just think they're pretty!

I do know that this one is a dephinium, because I have them in my garden!

This little fox came to visit. I know this sounds weird, but I think it was Scout reincarnated, coming to visit. Today is the one year anniversary of my Scouty-dog's death. Scout looked very fox-like, but was black and white. This fox had very similar markings, especially the little white undershirt and tip of his tail, and had that same way of sitting very properly and letting his ears radar around to listen to the world around him. He stuck around for a good 15 minutes before he trotted off.

Now the evening...
This picture is entitled, "What the...???" I'm sure there was something really bizarre being discussed.

Time to play some games, I think!

This contraption was designed to hold the lantern (which we hung from the rafters using fishing line) at an angle so we could see the Ticket to Ride game board. It consisted of some weird wooden table thing, the Zooloretto game box, a plastic shoe box and my Harry Potter book. It's very precarious, so putting it in between Brandon and Zach was a HUGE risk.

The Glacier Peak gang, morning after!

This is our second family. We couldn't ask for better friends! Wow are we lucky! We love you guys!!!

Visit the next post for pics from the White Trash Party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that group shot! Yay Friends!!