Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've been POO'ed!

Oh man...I don't get paid nearly enough.  This afternoon, around 2:05, as I'm sitting on my teaching stool at the front of the room, watching the kids finish up their math, I become aware of a pungent smell.  Oh no.  Poop.  I think to myself, "Maybe it's just gas.  It will go away."  Hmmm...nope.  Nope, that is definitely poop.  Maybe someone didn't do such a good job cleaning themselves up.  Sure, that must be it.  Nope.  That is DEFINITELY poop.  So I discreetly glance under the desks near me, looking, dreading, wondering where the offending surprise would be.  Nope.  Nowhere to be seen.  So I stand up and take a few steps back, thinking it's somewhere I can't see from my chair.  Then...I see it.  Brown smudges on the carpet.  One, two, three, four, in a little trail leading to...MY FOOT!  AAAHHH!  In horror, I lift up my foot...and there on the bottom of my FAVORITE "shooties" is a glob of mushed SHIT!!  At this point there is no discretion.  I couldn't help my reaction.  "AH sick!  There is poop on my shoe!" I exclaimed.  "UUUUGGGH!" screams 19 fourth graders.  (Hey, one is missing...wonder who THAT could be!  The culprit, perhaps?)  So I hobble to the back sink, remove the shoe, at this point I'm dry heaving, and with about 10 paper towels I attempt to wipe this hideous glob off my shoe.  It is NOT GOING ANYWHERE.  Dumping the paper towels, I now hold the sole of my shoe under the faucet, my eyes watering at the stench.  Finally it softens to the point that I can wipe the rest off with some towels.  Sick.  Can't put that shoe back on for a while.  Hobbling to the phone, I call the office for custodial attention: "Meg, I've got a code brown, repeat, that's a code brown."  "Oh," says Meg, "Tigger's friend has paid you a visit?"  "Yes, that's right.  I've been poo'ed."  So, as I'm attempting to calm the children...learning is done for the day...I wait for someone, anyone, to come down and get the poo out of the carpet.  Finally I call back down and get Karlene, "Karlene, can you let them know that it's not a log sitting on the floor, it's actually mushed into the carpet because I STEPPED in it before I saw it!?"  Eventually Phil comes to check it out.  He can't help right away because, guess what!?  He's in the bathroom cleaning up another poo mess.  But right after the bell rings, Javier will be down with the carpet cleaner.  Thank God it's 2:25 at this point!  Ugh.  Ugh. Ugh.  So many questions roll through my mind.  The biggest one is: REALLY?  REALLY?????  Fourth grade???  It's not like I chain them to their desks.  If you gotta go, please, by all means, go!  REALLY??????  And how did the thing roll UNDER the overhead cart for my unfortunate right foot to encounter it???

Oh yuck.  I hope I can bring myself to wear those shoes again, I really like them...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is just one of the foulest (sorry for the pun) teaching stories I have ever heard.
Denise (UGH!)

The Marsh Blog said...

I know, right!? Ahhhhh!!!! It's way worse than the time I found someone's underpants under the desks. Appalling.

Anonymous said...

Why are there no photos with this entry as with your many other entries? Have you sent the specimen to the lab for DNA tests? Have you required samples from all of your students to get to the "bottom" of this? If you need a poo detective, let me know, i know some experts.

The Marsh Blog said...

I tried to get CSI to come down and sniff out the solution, but alas, they were too busy dropping the kids off at the pool.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Scout pooing in your hat when you left him for the evening once.
-Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy -
Tis the season for "poo" evidentally. http://cakboliv.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/awkward-moments/

I am rolling on the floor laughing right now. I know it was disgusting, but thanks for the laugh.

Charline said...

I guess we NOW understand the danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup.... REALLY REALLY stubborn, sticky poo! I sympathize with you sista for I have already been poo'd this year...thank God it missed the carpet....

Hey Brad, I like that this is the first thing I have ever seen you comment on! Yer funny.

The Marsh Blog said...

Does this mean that we're a part of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsload? Kelsey King gets to be a member too!

Anonymous said...

Poo Haiku

Recoil in horror
Chunky remnants in classroom
Green brown and lumpy

Anonymous said...

Hey Char...not true. I have commented on one other entry...the iPoo baby onsie. I asked Missy for an adult size L. But yes, I must relate to Poo stories!!

The Marsh Blog said...

The fact that this is the MOST commented entry I've ever posted says something...and I don't think it's good...

Charline said...

Look how poo brings everyone together!

Anonymous said...

I know I am late replying, but I literally just now had a free moment to read my emails. The poo legend had already reached me when Bubba decided he could change Carter's diaper last Saturday night. I was feeding one of the trips when Carter had a poo moment. Rick was holding him and bless his hear he actually undertook the extraction without even complaining. Rick managed the extraction with grace and poise, however the replacement catcher was not attached firmly. Thankfully, poo did not escape before I corrected the error. GOOD WORK BUBBA. Now that we all know you can do it, poo will be your job and your friend.
xoxo Grandma Kathie

The Marsh Blog said...

Haha! Grandpas changing poo is always an adventure. Riley's been eating Trix for breakfast the past couple of days...technicolor poo!

Anonymous said...

Keith,

A Haiku? You never cease to surprise me. Well done.

And I agree, having this many responses to a poo report is disturbing...

momv

The Marsh Blog said...

Poo
Shoe
Haiku
Eeeew