Sunday, April 5, 2009

That 70's House...

For my birthday, Steve, Charline and the gang threw me a "Welcome to 1974" party.  It was hilarious!  I have the best hubby and friends ever!  We had a great time, as usual.  I'm such a lucky woman!
Yes, that says Birt-Day.  Poor Charline was feverishly making these signs at school while teaching at the same time.  Slight distractions like 8 classes of elementary school kiddos interfere with spelling.  Funny thing is, I thought it was intentional, since she's from the East Coast, I thought she was writing it phonetically!
The invitation...
Brandon's costume was classic.
Creepy, huh?
But put Brandon and Steve together, and you have got one big polyester nightmare!  I absolutely LOVE this picture.  They are SO sleazy!!
Red and Kitty Foreman?  Justin actually grew out and purposefully groomed his facial hair.  That's true friendship!
I love the Lanes.
We are DY-NO-MIIIITE!  In case you were wondering, yes, that is a jumpsuit, yes it is metallic and made out of spandex.  You, too, can purchase one at Party America.  Imagine my surprise when Steve handed it to me and said, "You have to wear this for the party."
I know....we are SO hot.
Kristen and her boy Chris!
La and her boyfriend!
Sterne and Lisa.  Lisa's shirt was awesome...it was yellow with a green iron-on outline of the Golden Girls, and said "Stay Golden!"
Zach was a Bumblebee, which was evidently from a Blues Brothers sketch that I'm not familiar with.  Gotta give him props for this, though, he made a stop at the post office on his way to the party!
This is just wrong.  Check out Carter's expression...
Grrrr!  Game face!
Dead sexy.
The gang!  I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends who are willing to chuck their dignity out the door to dress up for my birthday!
Nothing good can come of this.
Later in the evening, the costumes became more...creative.  Yes, Steve is wearing the white velcro tennis shoes from the Richard Simmons costume.
Afro-Puffs!
Of course, poker!
I am older than Tiger Woods.
Steve's co-worker, Maurice, and his girlfriend Brooke came up.  Brooke has never actually seen Steve in normal clothes.  We've seen her 3 times, and in those three times, Steve has been wearing: Richard Simmons costume, Drinksmas Christmas sweater, '70's pimp outfit.  
Thanks to everyone for an awesome birthday!!

3 comments:

Charline said...

I just have one question for you.... Where is Brandon's mustache?

LaLa said...

Will you be updating your blog with a death-toll from the latest Marsh plague? We're going to have to start screening our invites better... : )

Charline said...

HA!