The first weekend in February, Charline and I headed up to Estes for a little girls' weekend. This was the first time Steve and Riley have ever bached it just the two of them, and they had a blast!
We had a great time too! Estes is such a cute little town, and very close, just an hour or so away.
We stayed at the Silver Moon Inn, which is at the west end of town, just before the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
We got up there Friday night and had a little dinner, then just relaxed at the hotel. The check in guy must have thought we were crazy. After he told us that there was no smoking and no pets allowed, Charline retorted, "Well what the hell am I supposed to do with my cigar smoking dog???" He didn't find it as amusing as we did... The next morning we headed out for breakfast and found a cute little coffee shop. Very quaint.Can you believe that Dubs has his own postcard!? Craziness! I think he's getting a little up close and personal with Demi, though. That's ok, because Nelson Mandela is keeping a stern eye on him.

They say that if you get attacked by a mountain lion, you're supposed to make lots of noise and make yourself seem as big as possible to intimidate it. HA! Easier said than done!

Our favorite place of all was the Estes Park Glassworks studio! We got to watch one of the artists make this beautiful wavy cobalt blue bowl. Then we went crazy for these gorgeous cane glass beads. They're made by wrapping molten glass with the frit embedded in it around these tweezer-like tongs which create the holes in the beads. Amazing!



The BFFs! We had a great time! It's so nice to get to get away every once in a while. I missed my boys, but I enjoyed spending time with my buddy!

1 comment:
I am so glad you survived that Mt. Lion attack! That was a close one! Good thing I took pictures instead of trying to save your life!
Post a Comment