Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our Little Melo

Ever since Scout died in August of '06, I've been watching Harley, and he'd seemed so sad! We decided it was time to get him a friend. We went to Lifeline Puppy Rescue in Brighton www.lifelinepuppy.org. They are an all-volunteer group that rescues litters of puppies from shelters in Colorado, Kansas and New Mexico that don't have the resources to take care of them. When I looked online, I instantly fell in love with this little guy! Melo is a border collie/black lab mix (we think), and has a lot of Scout-y mannerisms. Harley pretty much ignored Melo for the first few days, but now they pal around and wrestle all the time! Riley's loving his new little buddy too!




I just love this picture! Priceless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the newest furry family member!!! Melo is SUPER cute - a mini version of Harley.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you get first prize for the cutest family in the world.

Mom V.

Charline said...

Baby Melo... I can't take it. I LOVE the last picture...but I also love how RIley can "snap into a slim jim" and love his dog at the same time... he's all boy!