Friday, September 19, 2008

Yay, Zoo!

Riley's school was closed for Parent-Teacher Conferences today, so I surprised him with a trip to the Denver Zoo.  He was so excited, the Zoo is one of his favorite places.  The weather was perfect for walking around outside, and it wasn't too crowded until right before we left.

Riley got a kick out of this weird crane.  It was making crazy noises that he thought were hilarious!
One of Ri's favorite things to do at the Zoo is consult his map.  There are two other Zoo postings in the archives, and in each of them, the map plays a prominent part!
There was an adorable giraffe baby in the giraffe corral!  He was all knock-kneed and skinny.  Cute!
Polar bears are huge!
Riley remembered taking a picture on Klondike and Snow with Ty, Tanner and Bayley last summer.
Carter saw the Zoo through his eyelids most of the trip.
I love this Grizzly Bear!  He was just chillin' on a log, looking up at the visitors from time to time, but mostly just vegging out!
This little gorilla was sitting right up against the glass.  It was so neat to see him (or her?) up close!
Yes, we visited the gift shop.  Riley wanted the tiger grabby thing.  At $2.99, it was a deal!  Especially since we walked all over the store and I kept offering other options, and all he wanted was the grabby thing.  
I sure had a fun day with my boys!

1 comment:

Charline said...

I love giraffes! Look at that baby!!!!