Sunday, July 13, 2008

Garden Update

One of the things I've really enjoyed doing this summer is working on my garden.  I get so happy when I look at all the beautiful flowers in my planting beds in the front and back.    Below is the first picture I took back in May when I first put in this year's plants.
Since then I've added quite a few new ones, and everything has been flourishing!  I love how colorful and crazy everything is.  Below is one of the portulacas that I added.  They're really fun and funky.  They have started to seed themselves in random places around the planting bed as well, I think from the birds and bugs that like to hang out.
The gerberas are doing great!
I recently added these delphinium, which have a purplish-blue glow.  Gorgeous!
This petunia is the biggest one!
In the front I've added a few things, but I really love these "Rocket Red" snapdragons that Brad and Nicole gave me.  They had bought some for their garden, but realized that they would be growing up to 3 feet tall, which was too tall for the area they wanted to plant.  They're so amazing, and make a great backdrop for my rose bushes and other shorter plants. 
So there you have it!  Happy plants!

No comments: