Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Bash 08!

To welcome the Lanes back home, celebrate Justin's return and get ready for the impending arrival of Baby Marsh, we decided to throw a big summer party!  Charline and I cooked up some Mexican yumminess, Steve got the patio party-ready, and we gathered up the gang for some summertime fun!  We had a great evening, catching up with friends and hanging out.  It was nice to relax, and the weather was perfect!
Riley and the twin boys loved splashing in the little pool and squirting everyone with the spray bottles!Here's a pic I stole from Charline's Blog! H, CK and LL!


Time to eat, and of course a cheers!

Another pic from Colorado Crazy Pants, B Lane and the King yukking it up before ladderball!

Lindsay brought over her Ladderball game, and Brandon and Justin started off the competition.  Then Linds and I played, she beat me big time!Me-n-CK!Jason, Shawna and Stacey chilling in the Adirondack chairs.  Those things are awesome!Lindsay and Kourtney hanging out.The King-a-lings!Laura shows off her fabulous *sparkling* wine wrapper ring!  (Yes, Lala, I'm doing the sparkly thing with my hands as I'm typing!)Us again!Kristen and Monica watching the Wii competition that broke out.Sorry, no pics of the Wii competition, I was helping get the boys settled down for a movie in the loft.  It was semi-successful! For the first time in a long time, possibly since our wedding, I had three of my bridesmaid ladies together!  Yay!Big hugs for Linds and Laura!No party would be complete without stupid human tricks performed by Brandon, Steve, and usually Zach as well. But I realized that the instigator is ALWAYS Brandon! We've gone 2 years without stupid human tricks, but since the Lanes have been home, it's been happening with frightening regularity...not that B has to twist Steve or Zach's arm very much. It's never boring, and frequently hysterical, so it's a good thing Brandon and Laura are back!  

Well, Zach wasn't with us, but Steve was up for the Mexican Rice eating contest that Brandon challenged him to. Often these things have something to do with eating large quantities in a small amount of time. I don't even know if there was money involved, or just bragging rights. Or maybe Brandon fancies himself an American version of Kobayashi. Either way, the whole party convened outside to watch the carnage. I don't know whether to be appalled or amused. I suppose a bit of both!
So gross.  Steve won, but I gotta give Brandon style points.  He's nothing if not dramatic!
The proud wives....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I made it on the blog. I'm also trying really hard not to be in the pic with you and Laura but my boobs wanted in.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stuff, thank you for letting us see how special you, Steve and Riley are. Smunch is with a special family. Cute puppy. Life is good! Love Bubba