Monday, July 14, 2008

A Town that's Tiny...

Today Riley, Charline and I met up with Allison and Ian at Tiny Town.  Tiny Town is exactly what it sounds like...a town that's tiny!  It was made by a railroad bigwig back in 1915 for his daughter, and is basically a town of miniature houses and a railroad. The kids can play in some of the little buildings, but a lot of them are just for show.  You can look inside and they're all furnished with different scenes.  They had just about every kind of building you can imagine.  

Here's Riley looking out the window of a miniature Windmill. 
There was a really good playground there for the kids to play on.  Riley and Ian kept a good eye on each other and played for a while, until some other kids who couldn't keep their hands to themselves started horning in.  We decided it was time to check out the rest of the town and ride on the train.
Riley was pretty serious most of the day!
One of the little buildings was a Golf Clubhouse!  Inside were little miniature golfers at the "19th Hole."
We thought it was funny that this was JD's Saloon, since Mary's boyfriend is JD.  I didn't get a good picture of the Barbie "Saloon Girls" inside, drumming up business from the cowboys!  I thought this was a family place!
Off to the Tiny Town Train!  Riley and Ian got to sit in the caboose.  It was amusing, once all the kids were packed into the caboose, the door was closed and latched.  So it was a free-for all in there.  But everyone was pretty well-behaved.  Allison, Charline and I decided it would be a good idea to sit in the last passenger car to keep an eye on things.
Mr. Ian McGann...look at those rosy cheeks!  Riley kept calling him Aedan, which is funny...I guess Ian and Aedan sound similar, and Aedan is also a little blue-eyed towheaded buddy of ours.
Riley said, "That was so cool!"
After the train, we hit the refreshment stand for soft-serve ice creams...but the boys spied the train-shaped lollipops, a less messy alternative!  Charline managed to get Riley's open without breaking it!  Not that she ever would, but Riley tried to instruct her on the proper opening technique.
Here we are!  It was a really fun way to spend the day...and quite a bit cooler up there than down in the 95 degrees of Thornton!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We LOVE Tiny Town too! I think I have that same picture of Olivia in the windmill...that was her favorite part along with the ice cream cone, of course!

I stumbled on your blog when on Michelle's blog the other day. It spent at least an hour reading yours and then Charline's too. I'm a blogger too and I have my daily ritual of reading blogs of friends and family.

It was so fun to catch up on your life. I hope you're feeling well. You're looking very preggo...how exciting! I hope you're enjoying summer!!!

Take care,
Heather =)

Charline said...

That town WAS tiny!